Kris S, Esthetician, InSpa Bellevue Square
Now is the perfect time to grow out your brows. If you can’t stand it and have to tweeze, do not go too far into the arch attempting to make a shape. Also, a common mistake is over trimming, so once you push the brow hairs upward only trim the very tips otherwise you will create holes.
Amber K, Esthetician, InSpa Mill Creek
Wear SPF every day, even when inside!
Heidi T, Nail Service Professional, InSpa Bellevue Square
I know this time is hard for everyone but try to stay active the best you can. Check the mail, watch movies, ride bikes, walk around your neighborhood if the weather is nice. If your kids have online school, keep them busy reading, coloring, making food, exercise together and eat more foods with Vitamin C (kiwis, oranges, strawberries). I hope everyone stays healthy and safe!
Kenzie L, Esthetician, InSpa Issaquah
I have been avidly gardening to get out and get some Vitamin D. I tend to get allergies, so I have been placing cold spoons in the freezer along with my jade roller to help with the puffiness. I also have been using the Patchology eye patches to help combat puffiness as well!
Tiffany M, Esthetician, InSpa Issaquah
Right now is a good time to not wear makeup and let your skin breathe. Always use SPF, even if you are inside.
Lynn L, Nail Service Professional, InSpa Issaquah
I recommend getting regular exercise to help boost your immune system.
Jackie W, Esthetician, InSpa Mill Creek
Tips to maintain your best skin while in quarantine
Keep a consistent daily skin care regimen to maintain well balanced skin. Throwing your daily routine out the window is almost too easy right now, but I have noticed clients as well as myself experiencing more breakouts than normal or very dry skin – especially those poor hands with all that hand washing, right?
- First thing in the morning, after you’ve grabbed your coffee that is, cleanse your skin
- Stave off breakouts by using a spot treatment. Look for ingredients such as 2% salicylic acid or a benzoyl peroxide 5% (PCA Acne Cream and Dermalogica Age Bright Spot Fader are two great options)
- Finish up with a nourishing moisturizer and broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF30 or greater – some of our favorite SPF’s include Skin Authority SkinSuit (which protects from both UV and blue light), and Hydropeptide Solar Defense. To give your skin a drink of water from the surface, look for ingredients like hyaluronic acid or peptides in a moisturizer
- A few times per week, add in a mask or exfoliator to target specific concerns you are experiencing
- Protect your over washed hands with a richer hand cream. Hand creams geared towards eczema skin is perfect for this season of sanitization we are in
Katerina B, Esthetician, InSpa Issaquah
I miss all my lovely clients at our Issaquah location! Now is a great time to let your skin get some rest from makeup and maintain its health with this simple routine
- Wash your face (still twice a day) with your favorite cleanser (my favorites are Hydropeptide™️ Cleansing Gel & Skin Authority™️ Daily Cleanser)
- Use a toner (My favorites are Hydropeptide™️ Pre-Treatment Toner & Dermalogica™️ Multi-Active Toner)
- Apply your favorite moisturizer (My favorites are Hydropeptide™️ Face Lift & Dermalogica™️ Active Moist)
- Smile! Because you are beautiful and feel great every day!
Stay healthy and safe!
Echo V, Massage Therapist, InSpa Issaquah
You may be sitting around the house more, so here are some good stretches to keep your body moving and feeling good. These are most effective when done for 20-30 seconds; It is best to stretch a muscle to the point it feels “like a good stretch” (usually somewhat sore, but also relieving) and not to the point that it burns or begins to resist.
For a good neck stretch: Tilt your head sideways so your ear is close to your shoulder and hold for 20-30 seconds. Repeat on the other side.
For a lower back stretch: I recommend Child’s Pose, especially after waking up and before sleep. Hold 20-30 seconds. Kneel on a flat surface, then bring your hands down in front of you. Bring your head down and slide your arms forward. Experiment with having your knees close together or apart; some people feel a stretch with one but not the other.
Kris S, Esthetician, InSpa Bellevue Square
I have been busy keeping 3 little kids entertained. We do daily crafts such as painting rocks and make cards for our local senior centers. They love to play hide and seek, make blanket forts, blow bubbles and throw water balloons. After all that we wind down with books and bedtime songs just to do it all again the next day!